[Cialug] external storage

Dave J. Hala Jr. dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Oct 17 15:06:05 CDT 2007

At the moment I'm looking at Raid 1 (mirrored). I'm thinking probably 4
bays with 1gb drives.  As far as expanding goes, If I could get one
device with 2tb mirrored, I could easily add a like second device in 6
months.

I'd like to try and come in around $1200.00  That's gonna be really
tough with $300 1tb drives.

If I have to "build" my own device, I think I'd start with one device
and a second 2tb later as drive prices drop.

:) Dave