[Cialug] gnome-terminal beep

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Nov 29 11:23:17 CST 2007

I've not tested it in Japanese, but I find that Konsole will do what you
want.  It has tabs and all sorts of fun terminal alerting options.
Obviously, using it would require loading lots of KDE libs into RAM, so
you may not want to do it that way.

Just thought I'd mention the option.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

On Nov 29, 2007 10:55 AM, Daniel A. Ramaley <daniel.ramaley at drake.edu>
wrote:

> found reference to a Gnome-wide setting:
> preferences-->sound-->System Bell. In that panel are checkboxes
> for "audible bell" and "visual bell". I think i found the right
> settings by running gnome-control-center (which i found by running
> programs named /usr/bin/gnome* that looked settings-related), but
they
> don't seem to have any effect on gnome-terminal. Would changing a
> setting like that require me to log out and back in?

You might need to go back to the default (disable silent bell) in
gnome
terminal then.
--
Matthew Nuzum