[Cialug] gphone software preview

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Nov 20 11:09:47 CST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 10:28 AM, Bryan Baker <ka_klick at mac.com> wrote:

> Did anyone else notice that they said they are using WebKit and touted
> it as the "standard"?

I did catch that, but I justified it in my mind by saying that there's
really only one product in this market that's got wide-spread acceptance,
and that's the iPhone, causing webkit to be the defacto standard. That could
be a flawed line of thought though.

If nothing else it looks like a big force for Safari/Konquorer browser
> share.

Does Konq use webkit now? Last I checked it used khtml which was different
enough that I didn't feel comfortable calling them the same thing. I'd heard
talk, but the way I understood it, Apple "contributed" the code back in such
a mess that it was unusable.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode