[Cialug] cd hand off - maybe lunch sometime this week?

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Wed Nov 14 14:18:02 CST 2007

> That's so crazy because I think I lived across the street
> from you at
> that time (didn't know you then) and I did the same thing with 10
> disks.  I still remember when the 'D' set was 20 disks, I installed
> the first 10 disks, left it on the install screen and went back to
> Durham to get the 2nd half.

Similar story, I used to have a VAX account at the school with only 2MB of
space, I would download a floppy of slackware at a time and then use kermit
and 2400 to download to disk and then use rawrite to put it on floppy.  It
was slow going to get the full 24 disks or so for slackware+X11.

I did finally get it installed and then scratched my head becuase I didn't
really know what I had. "Yay Linux, now what?"
 ;)

-Nate