[Cialug] Mandriva - open letter to Steve Ballmer

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Sun Nov 4 10:36:58 CST 2007

Dan Sloan wrote:
> [...]
Personally, I hope Mandriva takes the opportunity to incorporate the
Nigeria experience into their sales strategy.  Imagine being able to
approach 150 governments around the world, tell them that they can order
Mandriva for their schools, and Microsoft will not only pay them back,
but will give them excellent terms on replacing those computers with
Windows, plus whatever "kickback" they choose.  Sounds like a winning
marketing strategy to me.  Of course, it might not be the best business
model for Microsoft, but a well-deserved one, if you ask me.  :)
Tom