[Cialug]using ICS with a laptop

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:37:37 CDT 2007

On 10/31/07, Dan Hockey <icepuck2k at mchsi.com> wrote:
> I have been trying to share the wifi from my laptop to another computer
> through a crossover cable. I've tried to do this in both xp pro and mandrive
> 2k7 on the same laptop, with basically the same results.

I've done this on Windows and Linux both.  I don't recall ever having
a problem, though, so I might not have any good advice for you.

My most common case for this is Wifi Laptop -> Crossover -> New Laptop
With Broken Wifi.  I've had the hosting laptop be Windows or Linux,
but I would suspect I've only ever had Linux on the client.

> Now for the funny
> part... If I use another card instead of the wifi I can get ICS to work as
> described in http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/ics but thats NOT the way I
> want to use ICS.

What way *do* you want to use it?  If you can be more specific, we
might be able to help you out better.

- Nathan