[Cialug] OT: Palm: everything old is new again?

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Thu May 31 13:57:30 CDT 2007

________________________________

	From: Jim Asbille [mailto:jim.asbille at gmail.com]
	Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 1:48 PM
	To: Central Iowa Linux Users Group
	Subject: Re: [Cialug] OT: Palm: everything old is new again?

	Palm is making such "curious" decisions.  I can get a laptop for
less than the Foleo and you still need a smartphone.  No DVDs for long
flights, no music, hmmm.

On the other hand, the DVD player could be a black box with a DVD and a
battery that interfaced with this.  In the right hands (Apple?) it could be
very slick.  Tiny foleo for the interface and the computer in the backpack.
To meet that price it will have to do a lot more.

I see Dave's point about a regular computer, but to get a regular computer
that small - ultra portable - can be around $2000 and up.  If it does
something totally innovative, and we wonder how we ever got along without
it, maybe it will catch on.  I can see Josh no longer bringing a laptop to
Lug meetings.  ;)

-Nate