[Cialug] Open Source FlowCharts?

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Wed May 23 23:19:40 CDT 2007

On the Mac, I really like OmniGraffle.

Stuart
Stuart Thiessen
Pass It On Services

-----Original Message-----
From: "Morris Dovey" <mrdovey at iedu.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 22:56:31
To:"Central Iowa Linux Users Group" <cialug at cialug.org>
Subject: Re: [Cialug] Open Source FlowCharts?

Nathan C. Smith wrote:

| Anybody have a recommendation for open source (hopefully
| multiplatform "windows"+) that makes flowcharts easily?  Like with
| a Wizard for simple ones?

Nate...

I don't have any suggestions that meet your open source want, but
would like to mention that Visio allows producing professional-looking
flowcharts quickly and easily.

Before getting a copy of Visio in 2000, I hand-coded a set of EPS
flowchart symbols that I could use with PageMaker. The resulting
documentation was top-notch (but a comparative PIA to produce and
maintain).

At this stage of the game, I'd drag out my old Visio program for
flowcharts.

Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USA