[Cialug] I'm still having problems with my Ubuntu.

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 10:13:04 CDT 2007

On 3/31/07, Ralph Kessel <kesselr1 at mchsi.com> wrote:
> Apparently the problem has some to do with my x windows being hosed. I
> looked at the log and found nothing showing why my x windows are
> problematic. There was a problem with my locale and I fixed that. When I try
> to install an older release, U 5-10, the from my cd, Grub will try to bring
> up the releases i have currently. It won't bypass GRUB so that I may
> reinstall the older release. What am I to do? Thanks,
> Ralph Kessel

Are you able to boot into the CD at all?  If you're not getting into
the CD you may have to go into your BIOS settings and configure the CD
drive to have higher boot priority than your hard disks.  When booting
from the Ubuntu LiveCD, you shouldn't see your own GRUB, because that
means it's trying to boot from your HD.

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer