[Cialug] Wireless Kubuntu

Rachel Garrett rmgarrett at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 22:36:45 CDT 2007

> The thing is, if it were an issue with the Internet connection, the
> router, or the modem, then I would expect it to affect both machines
> equally. Hm.

I'm still mystified, but the computer is online, sort of. After I ran
dhclient, it would ping slowly and stop, but attempts to get to Web
pages would time out. Then I disabled the wireless connection on my
own laptop, and Todd's pinged a little faster, without stopping, but
still wouldn't get web pages (I'm assuming the issue was timing out).
However, when I reset the modem and the router, with my laptop still
offline, Todd's machine could ping more quickly and even browse the
Internet briefly.

The wireless strength is at 70-80%, so I don't think signal strength
is the issue.

Any known issues with Belkin routers or wireless cards on Linux?

--Rachel