[Cialug] Semi-OT: Job Opening - Web Developer

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Mar 6 16:27:24 CST 2007

We have a new job opportunity here at Alliance for a web developer.
It is Linux related.  Development would be in PHP/mysql on Gentoo and
SUSE.

Here's what we're looking for:

1) 2+ years experience writing LAMP (Linux-Apache-MySQL-PHP)
database-driven applications
2) database management skills such as optimization and normalization.
3) writes lean, xhtml + CSS compliant code
4) all other things equal, business experience with non-profit
associations and/or small business is preferable over Fortune 500
background.

Other things of note:

* This application is being developed internally, so it's product work,
not project work.
* Culturally, we are something of a meritocracy.  In other words, good
ideas will be rewarded and resources will be allocated.
* Job requires a mix of "get the job done" and "don't compromise on
design", a difficult but rewarding path to follow.

If you're interested, send me your resume and I'll pass it along to the
powers that be.

--
-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net