[Cialug] X to X

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Thu Mar 1 10:39:35 CST 2007

Would this be a helpful thing to put in the wiki?  Instructions on how
to do VNC and X over SSH or links to a site that does explain that
well. I have a Mac laptop but also have some other computers with
Linux. I would like to be able to run X on my Mac laptop and tap into
programs that are running or can be run on my Linux computers. But I
have not understood how.

Perhaps that would be a useful set of links or instruction how-to on
the wiki for those who are newbies or who are just users and not people
who have the opportunity to use it regularly. I would love to delve
into the technical side of Linux more but my job has evolved to where I
am working more as a user, not a technician, so I keep forgetting
things since I don't do it as much as before.

If nothing else, is there a good Linux User manual that explains these
kinds of tips and tricks that can function as a reference manual?  Kind
of like the programming cookbooks?

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Stuart