[Cialug] OT: Tivo

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Jun 26 15:15:37 CDT 2007

On 6/26/07, david l goodrich <dlg at dsrw.org> wrote:
> Now that I'm leaving Des Moines, I'm not sure my opinion counts...
>
> But shouldn't a LUG be presenting on something GPL like MythTV instead of
> something closed like Tivo?
>   --david

Does that mean you can't talk about things like Oracle on Linux, using
applications with Wine or how to connect an iPod?

I'm obviously speaking personally, and not for my employer, but I'd
rather see a lot more content in the Linux community about using Linux
to solve real world problems even with software that may not be open
source.

A programmer's gotta eat, and not everyone has the luxury of being
able to earn a living while giving their code away for free.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode