[Cialug] Broken Pipe using growisofs from scripts

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:18:50 CDT 2007

On 6/25/07, Jonathan C. Bailey <jbailey at co.marshall.ia.us> wrote:
> I'm getting a pretty cryptic "broken pipe" error when running growisofs from a
> script. I've tried the same thing in PHP, Python, and in Bash, but still get the
> error. The odd thing is that if I run the same command from an open shell, it
> runs just fine. I've also tried running the scripts as root and still couldn't get
> it to work.. I haven't found anything useful from Google... Any ideas?

It sounds like there's something in your environment that is not in
root's environment, or the environment of the scripts.  Maybe your
.bash_profile or something else?  Maybe one of those devices you're
using aren't showing up.

Maybe someone else can be more specific than me.

-todd

(more specific than me... more specific than I...  to hell with the
English language)