[Cialug] Last night's meeting / next month's meeting

Jeffrey C. Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Jun 21 11:23:06 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 11:03 -0500, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> On 6/21/07, Josh More <morej at alliancetechnologies.net> wrote:
> > I also wanted to bring your attention to the topic for next month's
> > meeting, which is 'Social Media on "teh Internets"'.  We will need
> > people willing to talk about social sites.  I have a general overview
> > worked up, that I can give, but I'd not talk the whole time, so please
> > start thinking about what you either want to say or want to hear.
>
> On this topic, I recently learned that facebook has a programming API.
> It's available at http://developers.facebook.com/ Would be interesting
> to see what people can do with it.

The MugShot guys have used the facebook API to link facebook into
MugShot.  In fact, they've linked many of the popular social networking
sites into MugShot... it's really a social network of networks.

http://mugshot.org/features

If anyone would like to try it out, I have 20 invitations to hand out (I
even created a CIALUG group a while back:

http://mugshot.org/group?who=JCjg4fpWfTMLjV

If I'm able to attend the meeting (I haven't checked the calendar for
conflicts yet) I can give a quick demo if people would like.

Jeff