[Cialug] Free Hardware: 2 PII servers

Bryan Baker ka_klick at mac.com
Wed Jun 20 12:03:08 CDT 2007

We have 2 PII server class machines (read big, heavy, loud) recently
retired from service.
They both have run linux fine for several years, and were replaced by
newer linux boxen.
They both worked fine when taken out of service. It was just "time".
They both have hardware SCSI RAID arrays and the drives come with,
but have been wiped and will need to be re-formatted/rebuilt etc.

1. Compaq PII 450 iirc in a "super tower" config - has it's own
wheels! (Don't remember RAM, but probably over 256MB)
2. Industrial Dual PII 333 in an industrial rack mount case - huge
number of slots in this one. 512MB ram

Priority will come to anyone willing to stop by and pick either or
both of these up yourselves, but if you'll be at the meeting I can
bring one or both of them to that as well, but if someone comes to
the office and picks them up, they get them, even if you called dibs
but are waiting for the meeting. They are located at the address in
the sig.

--
Bryan Baker
Technology Advocate