[Cialug] Western Digital My Book

dave at 58ghz.net dave at 58ghz.net
Wed Jun 20 08:28:37 CDT 2007

fdisk shows the partition type as  fat32 LBA.

Whenever I'd specify any of the dos type filesystems
on my rhel 3 box, i'd get an error. Just on a whim, I
plugged it into my rhel5 box and did the following
command:

mount  -t vfat /dev/sdb1 /media

It mounted fine, and I can read/write files and data.
 I'm guessing that maybe the newer kernel on RHEL 5
helps.

I'm not gonna fight it on RHEL 3  box as it will be
taken out of service in the next year. I'll just work
from it from the  RHEL  5 box.

Thanks for the tips.

:) Dave