[Cialug] Meeting agendas, locations, etc

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Jun 18 12:57:16 CDT 2007

I don't want to overload this month's meeting at the expense of the
future ones.  I do have Inkscape for Wed, with both Matthew and I
presenting.

I agree about wanting to factor in practical concerns, which is
actually why I have graphics in August.  It should allow us to prep for
SFD in September.

So far as the social stuff, I was sorta planning to give some talks on
that personally, as I recently did a social media talk and have a
handout that I could reuse.

If you want a random lunch, call one out.  I prefer to give 24h notice,
but others have just done it on the morning of.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701

>>> "Nathan Stien" <nathanism at gmail.com> 06/18/07 12:23 PM >>>
> Anyway, since I obviously don't have to time to line people up on a
> monthly basis, here's what I suggest.  I have made an "editorial
> calendar" of meeting topics over here:
> http://www.cialug.org/ewiki/?id=Meeting+Calendar .  The basic idea
> is that if we have a "theme" for each meeting, it will be easier to
get
> people to think of topics.  This way we can get some presentations
> going.  I have also added an "activity" for each meeting, so that we
can
> get our fun unstructured time in too.

Overall, I like this idea.

One possible objection is that Matthew Nuzum is coming this next
meeting, but normally cannot come.  You have his topics occuring in
July and August, but we cannot guarantee he'll be around to talk to us
then.  (And I really liked both of his topics!)  Matthew, what say
you?

The themes are a good idea, but let us give precedence to practical
concerns when necessary.

Also, random lunch sounds like a really good idea to me.

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer