[Cialug] Next Meeting Agenda

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Fri Jun 15 14:44:27 CDT 2007

On 6/15/07, Nathan C. Smith <nathan.smith at ipmvs.com> wrote:

> > Methinks whoever has the access should update the site.  We should
> > indicate we're meeting experimentally at InPlay this time (that's the
> > consensus, right?), and give directions.

> > Any other agenda ideas?

Well, here are some ideas to talk about (and I could talk about them):

 * A while back someone suggested (maybe me, can't remember) having a
planet, so I registered iowatechies.com with the concept of crossing
over from just Linux techies (as cool as they are) and making it a
techie smörgåsbord for all types. My goal isn't to make money on it,
just to have a cool, fresh list of blogs. I'm afraid that if I do it
on my own it won't be received well (people'd be suspicious of it or
something) so if it were a group effort, people might pick it up
quicker.

 * I could talk about creating web graphics in Inkscape... My only
cool trick is how I slice the graphics, since that feature isn't built
in.

 * I just started deploying Django applications and I'm a bit
intoxicated by the sheer speed of building web apps it affords.
Knocking off non-trivial (but not massive) apps in 3-4 hours blows my
mind.

Any of these interesting?
--
Matthew Nuzum