[Cialug] Next Meeting Agenda

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 14:08:31 CDT 2007

Hello Luggers,

Methinks whoever has the access should update the site.  We should
indicate we're meeting experimentally at InPlay this time (that's the
consensus, right?), and give directions.

We should also note that we're going to have a keysigning party.  Then
we can share our super secret info if we ever, you know, acquire some.

Any other agenda ideas?  I hear "lack of agenda" as a commonly cited
reason not to attend.  (I personally like the beer and bullshit
sessions afterwards, so the agendas are usually less important to
me...)

Anyone have any nice arcane knowledge to share?  Stories from the
trenches?  Pet technologies to evangelize?  Surely someone has a
passion for some particular $TECHNOLOGY and they would really love to
spread it to our fertile minds.

I heard someone at a meeting once praising Ruby and/or JRuby --
whoever that was, want to give us a little spiel about it?  Do we have
any rails people who want to demo how to set up a simple app?

Anyone have some neat gimp or inkscape tricks?  Interesting MythTV
setup?  General sysadmin wizardry?  Want to share some homemade
scripts from your personal toolbox?

Does anyone have any *requests* for something they want to hear about?
 I'd like to see if anyone has an especially customized .vimrc or
other neat vim scripts.  (Though that's religious territory...)

Josh More mentioned lightning talks last time.  We could do something
like that if we have a number of people with some small thing to talk
about.  Though I would suggest no fixed time limits, since we're kinda
starved for content.

--
Nathan P. Stien
Consulting Engineer / Software Developer