[Cialug] sata raid

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at DRAKE.EDU
Tue Jun 12 09:02:27 CDT 2007

On Tuesday 12 June 2007 08:39, dave at 58ghz.net wrote:
>I also considered the software raid. It would be
>suited to my needs, but I felt that recovery from a
>drive failure would be faster and easier with a
>hardware solution.

With hardware RAID it may be easier to recover from drive failure, but
how easy is it to recover from a controller failure? If recovery is
difficult, does it matter (i.e., how probable is a controller failure
versus drive failures)?