[Cialug] problem with apache2

Ralph kesselr1 at mchsi.com
Sun Jun 10 00:21:34 CDT 2007

I finally go Apache to visit the virtual website but now I'm having
problems with the security settings of the directories. I set them to
chown 755 per Apache spec but still I keep getting the following error
on error.log:
Premature end of script headers: phpinfo.php, referer:
http://localhost/server-test/test/php/
Googling websites shows this to be an Apache reaction to incorrect
directory settings. All I'm trying to run is the simple php script:<?php
phpinfo(); ?>
This should not be so difficult as I have set up php, apache, and mysql
on other distributions but it's pulling teeth with Ubuntu. Why?