[Cialug] pam troubleshooting

Matt Patterson matt at usrlocal.com
Tue Jul 24 12:54:36 CDT 2007

what you can do is trace the process that you are connecting to.  That
might show the missing library or config file.

Do the following:

strace -f -s512 -p <PID>

You'll see a whole bunch of stuff flying by when you go through the
connection process.   If it is a missing file, you will see an
open("filename_here")
and then an error about a missing file a few lines later.

-Matt