[Cialug] Do we still need LUGs?

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 15:20:30 CDT 2007

On 7/23/07, john doe <bofh at visi.com> wrote:
> While the author is focusing on LUGs, I think it goes a lot further than
> that.

Well, the headline did not match the conclusion.  The story showed
that active involvement was declining at many LUGs and then pointed
out that what people do with their LUGs is changing also.

My former home LUG had meetings of 5 or 10 people every month, and a
very active mailing list.  Most of the members were old-timers, with a
lot of combined knowledge about basics (amazing what you can do with a
circa 1980 command line in the hands of a guru) and the cutting edge
both.

This group here seems to be fairly active IRL and OTI.

-todd