[Cialug]moving a server

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Fri Jul 6 15:27:38 CDT 2007

In the future you might want to consider to use a separate hard drive
for the file storage.  You build the new server and once everything is
setup you'd just swap the hard drive with the files on it.  No transfer
needed and it's easily to go back if things fail.

In your case you could also add a new hard drive into your old system
and mirror (copy the files) to the hard drive.  Then move it to the new
server.

Just ideas,
   Claus