[Cialug] Gpt drives and management tools

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Tue Jul 3 12:44:37 CDT 2007

I can speak to this!  I just put 2 6TB servers into play :)

I had to take my raid array and turn the 6TB array into 3 - 2TB
virtual drives in the SCSI bios.  If you use LVM, it's no big deal
putting them back together to make a 6TB filesystem, but apparently
linux doesn't like to see a single drive bigger than 2TB.

-Tom