[Cialug] firefox 2.0

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Wed Jan 31 22:11:06 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 11:04 -0600, Nathan Stien wrote:
> On 1/30/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> > I'm having that problem too, and I too feel my problem is flash related.
> > Some of my coworkers disable javascript, flash and all plugins and
> > extensions because (in their opinion) those technologies are primarily
> > for advertisements. They say they never have stability problems or
> > crashes.
>
> What version of Flash is everyone running?  Last november, they
> released a new version (9.0) for x86 Linux.
> http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash
>
> Dunno if it's better or worse.

Just today I updated from the beta 9 to the release version of 9. No
crashes yet, but we'll see.

By the way, on ajaxian.com they have a video of the firebug creator
demonstrating some of the more advanced features of firebug. I only
watched the first bit, but what I saw showed I need to watch more.

I barely scratch the surface of it's feature set when I use it now.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode