[Cialug] firefox 2.0

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 11:04:07 CST 2007

On 1/30/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> I'm having that problem too, and I too feel my problem is flash related.
> Some of my coworkers disable javascript, flash and all plugins and
> extensions because (in their opinion) those technologies are primarily
> for advertisements. They say they never have stability problems or
> crashes.

What version of Flash is everyone running?  Last november, they
released a new version (9.0) for x86 Linux.
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Dunno if it's better or worse.

On a related note, I would be curious to know if anyone has tried
Gnash (http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/), which is some kind of free
software Flash clone.  I have no idea how good it is.

- Nathan

--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying
to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein