[Cialug] Native Linux Games

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 08:55:56 CST 2007

On 1/30/07, Lee <leeh at csi-rics.com> wrote:
> I don't think anyone mentioned these yet. Personally I'm hooked on
> ActoinCube (Counter Strike style game)  http://action.cubers.net/ It's
> based off the Cube Engine http://www.cubeengine.com/

I recently became aware of the Cube2/Sauerbraten stuff -- I'm
particularly interested to see how that Eisenstern (first-person RPG
Using Cube2 Engine, http://eisenstern.com/) turns out.

Apparently Burger King used some Cube2/Sauerbraten screen footage on a
commercial in Europe.  Oddly enough, it was presented as a GameCube
game.  Must have been weird for the OSS programmers involved to see
their work on TV...

http://www.cubeengine.com/forum.php4?action=display_thread&thread_id=1145

- nps

--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to
find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein