[Cialug] Native Linux Games

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Sun Jan 28 09:38:46 CST 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 12:49 -0600, Nathan Stien wrote:
> On 1/18/07, dave <dchampion at visionary.com> wrote:
> > p.s. If you're interested in a fun RTS / action game, try Gate88 - it's
> > cross platform Linux / Mac / Windows. Think Homeworld meets xpilot. The
> > gameplay also reminds me of Battlezone (the late '90's RTS, not the
> > original arcade game). If you're going to try the "practice" mode, set
> > the AI down really low to start with. :)
> >
> > http://www.queasygames.com/gate88/
>

> Anybody else got some favorite linux-friendly games?  In terms of
> lightweight games, I am rather a fan of 2-D arcade shooter SolarWolf
> [1] and addictive logic game Pathological [2].  Both are packaged at
> least in Debian Sid, and probably lots of other things besides, such
> as *buntu.

I often look around the pygame website. There are a lot of open source
games posted there that run cross-platform in Windows and Linux. There
are even links to commercial games built with pygame.

I like nanoid a lot, personally. The sound effects are especially
entertaining and have me utterly convinced that I too could write an
addictive and entertaining game some day.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode