[Cialug] OT: Apple iPhone and digital media

Nathan Stien nathanism at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 10:33:24 CST 2007

On 1/16/07, Matthew Nuzum <matthew.nuzum at canonical.com> wrote:
> This guy behind the OpenMoko has been contacting us like crazy, wanting
> to port *buntu to this phone.

Who's _us_?  Hmm, nevermind, I just noticed your email address.
That's damn cool.  What do you do for Canonical?

> Hmm... does OpenMoko == Neo1973? The guy I'm thinking of is actually
> behind the Neo1973. Both names stink imho.

The Neo1973 runs the OpenMoko platform.  I would rather have a
non-Neo1973 phone but some other as-yet-undesigned prettier OpenMoko
phone.  Good software, less good hardware.  And I agree, the names are
kind of crap.

http://openmoko.com/press/index.html  (pictures of the Neo1973)

- nps

--
"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying
to find easier ways to do something." - Robert A. Heinlein