[Cialug] New Guy

Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com
Tue Jan 16 09:42:17 CST 2007

> In most scenarios, I'm used to being the one
> free software guy in a crowd of MS drones.

Totally understand the sentiment - I'm leaving an all MS workplace for a
more OS inclined one.  What absolutely *kills* me about the MS workplace
is these people have zero capacity for considering anything that's not
made by MS.  Like, even if I suggest something that's not OS (would cost
$$, have support, etc) but would work well given the situation, if it's
not made by MS, no dice.

> Also, I must say that the picture on the front
> page with people holding dark beers looks encouraging.

LUG generally concludes at a bar.  And it certainly makes me want to
attend.

=Dan