[Cialug] New Guy

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Mon Jan 15 18:57:18 CST 2007

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 11:47 -0600, Nathan Stien wrote:
> I am a consulting programmer and electrical engineer,
> so generally that means I design embedded systems, since they lay
> neatly at the intersection of those disciplines.  I design electronics
> hardware and I write a lot of C and assembly code for microcontrollers
> (PICs and ARMs).

Nice to meet you... I don't usually get to go to the meetings, but
participate on the list often. I too like to mess with
microcontrollers... I use PICs and dream about someday doing arm. Lately
I'm working with the 18F24xx usb microcontrollers, but I haven't
actually completed a project using the USB yet.

My current project was to build a USB accelerometer for my brother's
performance VW Bug (60HP!) but I realized that I was biting off more
than I can chew, so I'm stepping back and starting out by building a
general purpose USB platform that I can add the accelerometer to.

I'm using Microchip's C18 compiler (student edition) and MPLAB under
Ubuntu 6.10. I also love playing with the tiny 12F6xx controllers which
I program using HI-TECH PICC Lite.

I'm actually pumped, because in the last two weeks I've perfected my
home-built circuit board etching process and am getting killer PCBs.

I realize you're probably operating way above the hobby level, but would
love to hear about your development tools and etc.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode