[Cialug] MythTV project, any suggestions? + wiimote joystick

Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com Daniel.Juliano at wellsfargo.com
Wed Jan 10 10:59:55 CST 2007

Sounds like I'll be giving Knoppmyth a shot, given all the
recommendations here and it being based on debian.

I'll likely be grabbing the $25 logitech for the reasons listed by
Matthew, and because I'm trying hard to keep this project on a low
budget after the projector: DIY pj screen $15, DIY pj mount $20, DIY
tivo [tuner $25, soundcard $10, keyboard $25] total $60, 35ft hdmi cable
$60.

As for the joystick idea mentioned by Tony, check this person using it
as a joystick to fly a plane:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=R1ylV8f1IHA

And then there's the guy that uses one wiimote as a steering wheel and
another as the gas pedal for racing:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=P63vVVSSF8w

=Dan