[Cialug] MythTV project, any suggestions?

Brian Quick bdquick at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 20:52:00 CST 2007

I have myth running on Arch Linux.  Using two pvr 150s and works great.
Setup was easy and the arch wiki also has a good how to.  Biggest problem
I've ever had setting up was getting the ivtv driver, and it was from
simply missing a step along the way.  Your machine should have plenty of
horse power.  I've ran it on a p3 1ghz with 512mb ram and it ran good.  It
was a little slow searching the guide and such, but the tv show never got
choppy.  At default settings plan on an hour of video taking about a gig
of space.