[Cialug] New Firewall

David Champion dchampion at visionary.com
Fri Jan 5 16:30:13 CST 2007

You could take a look at that nufw thingy I mentioned the other day. :)

I've done some simple firewall work with Mandriva & shorewall, using the
webmin plugin to admin it (you can also edit the conf file yourself,
which is actually what the shorewall people recommend). Don't ever look
at all of the iptables rules it generates - it's insane. Seems to work
pretty well though.

I've also managed to lock myself out of a co-lo server using shorewall.
Thankfully my nice Mr. ISP man let me go restart it.

-dc