[Cialug] New Firewall

Tom Pohl tom at tcpconsulting.com
Fri Jan 5 15:30:58 CST 2007

I'm guessing that the packages are slow to incorporate the newer
modules.

This is a corporate firewall that I'm setting up, so using
underpowered hardware isn't really an option for me.  I really need
the speed that this hardware provides.  I thought about trying to go
a CF based route but I need the ability to log data (potentially LOTS
of data) persistently.  I do have the drives in a RAID 1 config so it
won't be a big deal to replace a hard drive when one dies and still
have my logs.

Broadcom provides linux modules for their chips, but I didn't see
anything for xBSD thus making the linux based products more
attractive, but not if they can't support my raid card :)

-Tom