[Cialug] Evolution and iCal

Stuart Thiessen sthiessen at passitonservices.org
Fri Jan 5 10:12:55 CST 2007

I ran into an interesting problem last night. I was trying to set up
Evolution on the Ubuntu laptop. I have a Mac Mini that is our family
computer. My wife keeps her calendar and email on that. I have set up
Apache on there so she can publish her iCal calendars on there and I
can use my work laptop which is a Mac to subscribe to her calendars at
home and keep our schedules clear. I also publish my work calendar to
the same place so my wife can subscribe to my calendar. I set it up to
be authenticated, so they could not be downloaded by just anyone who
had access to our home network.

Well, I thought Evolution should be able to handle this since it
supports the iCalendar standard. This is my first time using Evolution.
But when I use Evolution to connect to the calendars using CalDAV, it
will make the connection, but the subscribed calendars remain unchecked
and their data is unavailable. This is Evolution 2.8. Any ideas besides
removing authentication :) ? Other iCal unauthenticated calendars
available from iCalShare.com work just fine.

Thanks,

Stuart