[Cialug] X to X

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Wed Feb 28 23:14:10 CST 2007

On my laptop, I'm running Suse Linux with KDE as my desktop.  I want
to open up X-Windows to another Linux box.  On Windows, I can run
XOrg's X server with an XDMCP query, and it will come up.  Is there a
way for me to do that on Linux?

I've tried running vncviewer, but it isn't responsive enough (the
cursor doesn't always change on a window frame).

I've even tried launching individual apps back, but I keep getting an
error that it can't open the display, and that was after doing 'xhost
+' and making sure I don't have a firewall running.

Any ideas?

--
Tim