[Cialug] Broadband Internet

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Tue Feb 13 17:26:20 CST 2007

On Tue, 13 Feb 2007, Matthew Nuzum wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 09:32 -0600, john doe wrote:
>> I moved after getting married, and could only get Mediacom.  Yeah,
>> it's
>> fast--when it works.  In case anyone is wondering, their NMS is how
>> many
>> outage calls they receive for an area.  Outage frequency may depend
>> upon
>> location within the area, though.
>
> You paint such a dim picture... I work from home and rely on my cable
> modem. And even when I'm not working, I'm often online.
>
> The only significant problems I've had in two years turned out to be a
> problem with my own router, and replacing it resolved the issue. Like I
> said before, except for DNS timeouts occasionally my service has been
> great.

It varies a lot by location. I'm off 50th Street in WDM and used it for a
while before there was DSL out here. It wasn't good but it wasn't horrible
either. The latency wasn't very consistent and it would drop out at random
times for a little bit. I was using it during the day, it definitely got
worse at 3:30 or so.

dave

--
Dave Weis