[Cialug] Broadband Internet

Matthew Nuzum matthew.nuzum at canonical.com
Tue Feb 13 17:09:09 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 09:32 -0600, john doe wrote:
> I moved after getting married, and could only get Mediacom.  Yeah,
> it's
> fast--when it works.  In case anyone is wondering, their NMS is how
> many
> outage calls they receive for an area.  Outage frequency may depend
> upon
> location within the area, though.

You paint such a dim picture... I work from home and rely on my cable
modem. And even when I'm not working, I'm often online.

The only significant problems I've had in two years turned out to be a
problem with my own router, and replacing it resolved the issue. Like I
said before, except for DNS timeouts occasionally my service has been
great.
--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode