[Cialug] Broadband Internet

Matt cialug at flash.shanje.com
Fri Feb 9 14:24:04 CST 2007

Internet Solver uses Qwest's DSL lines to deliver their service, so
you'd still have to pay Qwest.  You may want to talk to Qwest to see if
they can actually test your line.  I was pre-qualified for 1.5mbit, but
not 7mbit.  Once they came and tested, they said they could get me 7.
They just don't want to sell you something that they can't deliver, so
they're being cautious.

As far as Mediacom goes, they're usually pretty fast, but it really
depends on how much the node that you're connected is used.  The other
problem is that if your neighbor downloads a ton of stuff over cable,
your cable internet can become turtle-slow.