[Cialug] New laptop success

kristau kristau at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 20:42:47 CST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 4:59 PM, Tim Wilson <tim_linux at wilson-home.com> wrote:
> Ken, didn't you have issues getting
> Vista and Ubuntu to play well together?

I was unable to get my system to dual boot Vista and Ubuntu 7.04, but
I really only tried once before I gave up and just installed Ubuntu.
I did have some hardware issues with 7.04, but those have disappeared
since I wiped and re-installed 7.10 (backing up the stuff I wanted to
transfer over of course).

It might be interesting to see if the 7.10 Ubuntu installer can
successfully dual-boot with Vista.  However, it takes several hours to
restore Vista on my laptop with the restore DVD, so I'm not inclined
to try it any time soon.  Vista sucks.  My laptop's hostname is
vista-killer.  :D

--
Tired programmer
Coding late into the night