[Cialug] Meeting Tomorrow

Josh More morej at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Dec 18 10:41:24 CST 2007

Sorry to keep sending these, but I have two updates.

First, here is the synopsis from Ken Wehr, our Google speaker

Ken will be talking specifically about Google's OSS-related efforts,
open APIs, and community-oriented programs (like Summer of Code.)
Additionally He'll talk about the sorts of jobs available in Hardware
Operations, and answer any questions folks may have.

Bio:
 Ken Wehr loves Linux. He started the Columbus Georgia LUG
 (http://chaos706.org) in addition to the ColumbusFreenet.org
 community wireless project. In early 2006, he went to work for
 Google as a Sr. Linux Administrator. He currently leads an
 Atlanta team of administrators who ensure that all of Google's
 blinky lights remain blinky.

Secondly, Alliance will be giving away a laptop to one lucky attendee.
This Gateway Solo 2500 sports a lighting fast 300 MHz Pentium 2, a
whopping 192 Mb of RAM, and a huge 4 Gb hard drive.  You could store
almost an entire DVD on that!  It also has a 13" screen, which these
days indicates a "lightweight and portable" laptop, but back when it was
made was a decently usable size... so you get the best of both worlds!

This will be given away via a drawing.  If you want it, you will need
to place your name AND a drawing of something Linux-related on a piece
of paper which then goes into hat (or bucket, box, etc) and is then
randomly selected by our Google Guy.  (Who better than Google to do a
search, right?).

Of course, if you don't want it, you are free to put someone else's
name on the paper, but you still have to give us a good drawing.

Hope to see many of you tomorrow night.

-Josh More, RHCE, CISSP, NCLP, GIAC
 morej at alliancetechnologies.net
 515-245-7701