[Cialug] Wired and Wireless security differences

jrnosee at gmail.com jrnosee at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:35:09 CST 2007

I would *ASSUME* SSL over wifi is still encrypted traffic over a wifi
connection.  Even if it's an open signal or the wifi encryption is cracked,
your trafic *should* still be encrypted.  Please tell me if I'm wrong, but
my understanding was SSL should be encrypted separately anyways.  The risk
factor here is sending data (such as keystroke data over Remote Desktop,
VNC, etc...) that is NOT SSL encrypted.