[Cialug] Re: DSMGG LAN Party (WAS: Administrative stuff)

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Dec 5 21:11:45 CST 2007

On 12/5/07, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:

> I installed Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on DOS 6.22 in a vmware instance the
> other day. The entire operating system used less RAM than vim and booted in
> about 15s. That's *with* Office v4's mom in the startup group. Fast? You
> bet. This system screams.
>
> Oh how I don't miss the 16bit days.

I'm just amazed that you still have the installation media still
around...  Was there a point to the exercise or was it just one of
those "I wonder if..." things?  As I web developer I suppose you could
justify it by installing NCSA Mosaic to see how your web site renders
in a real legacy browser.

Jeff