[Cialug] Re: DSMGG LAN Party (WAS: Administrative stuff)

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Wed Dec 5 21:07:03 CST 2007

On Dec 5, 2007 6:19 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:

> On 12/5/07, jrnosee at gmail.com <jrnosee at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 'tis why I'm still on XP.  Although some of the more recent things I've
> read
> > have shown Vista's gaming speeds are slowly catching up to XP.  I wonder
> how
> > Vista SP1 will handle it?
>
> A friend at work told me that XP SP3 beta was still way faster than Vista
> SP1.

I installed Windows for Workgroups 3.11 on DOS 6.22 in a vmware instance the
other day. The entire operating system used less RAM than vim and booted in
about 15s. That's *with* Office v4's mom in the startup group. Fast? You
bet. This system screams.

Oh how I don't miss the 16bit days.
--
Matthew Nuzum