[Cialug]voip

neal daringer admin at c0wzftp.com
Wed Dec 5 11:50:27 CST 2007

my point is that i never have serious enough power outage that i cant
deal with it. if there is that serious enough of a power outage, then so
be it. in the long run i save far more money not paying for sub-par service.

POTS is just that "plain OLD telephone service". and it will remain that
way until the bells lose the capitalist greed bugle and start providing
better cost to service business. i don't see why i should pay
$44.99/month for unlimited local and long distance. thats what a cell
phone should cost. and to top that off why is long distance considered a
seperate service still?? with the ability to use IP for
telecommunications, why is it still costing so much? and why are
features (caller id, call waiting, etc)always extra from bell companies?

i know i know the answer i will pry get at first is "because they can
turn a larger profit and no serious compitition". so lets hear some
other arguments.