[Cialug]voip

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Wed Dec 5 08:45:33 CST 2007

On 12/5/07, neal daringer <admin at c0wzftp.com> wrote:
> it for 1 year and yes its rediculious. what i think is sad is that its
> not even real voip either.

What qualifies as "real VoIP" for you?

> it doesnt go across the internet.

For which you should be glad - trying to guarantee quality of service
across the Internet is impossible.

> in fact im not even sure if it uses any form of IP.

I would be very very surprised if it didn't.  I think that what may be
confusing you is that Mediacom can lock down their system better than
someone like Vonage can.  Since Mediacom controls all of the hardware
and cabling starting at your cable modem in your home all the way back
to the cable modem head end they can lock it down and control it more
tightly without exposing the underlying VoIP protocol.

Jeff