[Cialug] PuTTY SSH instructions for accessing firewalled hosts

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Dec 4 16:19:31 CST 2007

Hi all, I've recently tried explaining to a friend how to connect to
firewalled hosts using SSH. When you're using Linux on your desktop it's a
piece of cake, but he uses Windows and Putty. We tried and tried and
couldn't get it working. Nor could we find step-by-step instructions on the
net.

Therefore I've taken the time to figure this out and document it. Would you
please read it and tell me how it looks? Is it clear and easy to understand,
does it work for you?

Here's the link:
http://www.bearfruit.org/prolixities/tech/connecting-to-firewalled-hosts-using-putty-ssh

--